#3 Machiko Motorsports Development
|Birthdate: ||October 2, 1990 |
|Hometown: ||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania |
|Residence: ||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania |
|Website: ||MattMachiko.com |
|Twitter: ||@mattmachiko3 |
|Instagram: ||@mattmachiko |
| || |
Languages spoken: English
Height/weight: 5’11” / 185 lbs.
Education: Penn State Finance and Economics Undergraduate, currently pursuing an MBA at the University of Pittsburgh
Current sports played: Racing
Hobbies: Snow skiing, scuba diving, wakeboarding, working out and investing
Racing goal: To compete full time in the Verizon IndyCar Series
Racing hero: Will Power
My fitness routine includes: Three days of cardio, three days' weight-lifting and one day off per week
Any pre-race rituals or superstitions: Listen to music and focus in silence
The one talent I wish I had: The ability to sigh read music to play the piano
An interesting note about me: I enjoy making an annual trip to Park City, Utah, or Denver, Colorado, to ski with friends and I enjoy watching downhill slalom professionals. I have my open water diving certification, which I use when I am on vacation in the Caribbean. Wake boarding is a sport that I'm not very good at but really enjoy when with friends on the lakes or rivers in and around Pittsburgh. Working out is just essential for being a race car drover but something I enjoy year round. As a full-time banker I enjoy looking after my personal investments and keeping up on the financial markets.
- Won the Formula Mazda (FM) National Championship at the SCCA Runoffs and was a Super Sweep winner (National points champion, Runoffs champion, Conference champion and Key Race winner)
- Earned four track records
- Was a finalist for both the MRT24 and Mazda Road to Indy shootouts.
- Contested the final two races in the F2000 Championship Series, earning one top-10 finish.
- After a year off in 2013, contested four races in the F2000 Championship Series
- Won the SCCA Formula Continental Northeast Divisional Championship
- Also contested SCCA Majors events and occasional races in the F2000 Championship Series.
- Contested SCCA Majors events in Formula Continental.